Thursday, September 07, 2006

And The Stupidity Just Keeps On Rolling In

So I call my chair & leave a message about my disappointment in the fact that my designated classes aren't running & they tell me this now. Two days before we begin. After I finish setting up the course. We are to give them ample warning about EVERYTHING but they can give us less than 48 hours. So I point out (in my message) that I put time into this. I point out that my numbers for my classes are HUGE whether they are online or not, and I also say that I have been doing this 6 years and it shouldn't matter who is in the class. If they are not strong students they will do poorly anyway, online or traditional.

She calls back at 5:30 and says "I got your message & I understand. You said you put a lot of time into this & I want you to know that I put a lot of time now wasted into this as well." Ummm....do ya didn't. You sent an email. After I sent 5. You are getting paid with your 12-month contract. I have no contract. I am doing all of this work on my own time. So who wasted time? She has no tact at all. AND not only did she say this to me -- she had the nerve to repeat it two more times. Like I didn't hear her the first time. Dufus.