Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Sunday Back-Up Plan

Ever since going in to the city to party it up for Crak's birthday, I have been texting with the Detective. If you remember, he & I met up at Stout back in May with Crak along for the show. He was okay....nice & all......but a one-upper. We decided to meet at Cozymels & he continued to brag the entire time. Tre' insecure.

Anyway, I thought I saw him patrolling Penn that night &, buzzin' like a fool, texted him. Well, that started a whole "texting friendship" that I would have been more than happy to avoid. He wants to get together. For about a month now. Always for a drink. Always on a Sunday night. I keep pointing out that I am not up for Sunday night cocktails. I work a 15-hr day Monday. I meet up with KDP many a Sunday night to chat & rehash the weekend.

I wanted to know if Sundays were best for him for some reason. So I texted "Why Sundays?" He sent it back "I thought that was best for you." I replied "No. I would prefer Thursdays through Saturdays. Is Sunday your only day off during the weekend?" His response: "No. I am off Friday through Sunday."

I left it at that. I am not somebody's fall-back plan on a weekend. There's no way I want some guy to prowl the weekend away and then, if nothing comes of it, think of me for Sunday night. Why? So he has some story to tell the guys at work? Forget it.

He called while I was in Columbus. He left a message saying he didn't know if I was still away or back or what & wanted to see if I wanted to get together. Sunday night.

So, I text him. Yes. I'm still away. Columbus is really nice. Having fun.

He sends it back "Yeah.....great city. I passed through it on my way to Cincinatti. I saw it from the Interstate."

So that's how its a great city? You drove past it? Again, everything with him is a "I've done that" scenario. His job. His car. His trips. Let him keep doing it without me.

I am not a fall-back plan.