Thursday, October 11, 2007

Columbus-Bound.....Remind Me Why?

So Cowboy had asked repeatedly for me to visit. I had postponed because I didn't have time or money or I had other events that I was not about to miss. Two weeks ago I found amazing flights to Columbus, so I called and asked if he still wanted me to visit. Sure! He seemed happy.

Seemed being the operative word.

Since that time, phone calls have been less frequent. Excuses of "being tired" and "having to work" have come up regularly. We spoke for 10 minutes on Sunday and like three on Monday. That's it. I have not talked to him at all about anything real....significant........or pointless.

It seems that now I am going to visit, he has no need to call or try to talk to me about things other than work and hanging out with the guys. Yeah, that's the extent of the convesations. I ask him questions and he responds. He doesn't ask me. So he has no idea how my day is or how an outing with KDP, Crak, and the Blonde has gone. It's as if there's no interest.

So, I am hesitant to get on that plane tonight. I'm going with no expectations except to see him and see how I feel when I see him. I may be home Friday. Who knows.

But, if anyone wants to call me this weekend....be my guest! I'll probably enjoy the conversation since my host doens't seem to have much to say to begin with,