Monday, April 14, 2008

Skippin' School

Last Tuesday was an emotional day for me. I had "had it up to here" with a student and it escalated (on her side) to the point that I just walked out on her to keep my own sanity..........and job.

Wednesday rolled around & I love love love the Farm kids, but I just couldn't do it. And I had found out days earlier that my mother wanted to 'get away' and had booked a trip to Chicago for that Thursday to Saturday for the two of us. So I called in. And I went to the ft job to take care of some loose ends. While there, Crak texted. Weird! She never texts me that time of day..... and asked if I was at Briar..................and I was! She was in the area & I suggested lunch.

We met up a half hour later at Ruby Tuesdays, hoping to try their lunch menu. We got there, sat in the booth, wondered why it was as busy as it was and why it seems as if nobody works anymore, and began to look for the lunch section.


And you know what? There isn't one! How can that be? All restaurants, like RT, have a lunch section with smaller portions and prices. Drat. Ah well..................now we had to peruse the menu to see what was lunchy-style.

It felt so good to not be working. It felt even better to be hanging out on a whim with Crak & talking about all of the nonsense that goes on and we never get to share..............because she had to go off and work for a real school. Nope. No bitterness. But I will say that not being under the same roof with computer access on company time is not helping our travels! ;)

I have to figure out a way to make money and have an even more flexible schedule than I already do. Because, as I have been saying, working is getting in the way of living.