Friday, April 18, 2008

Big Money No Whammies!

Crak and I have yet to settle our TN plans and need to get moving on that train before the Chattanooga Choochoo leaves without us. I found myself heading out there Tuesday afternoon so that we could sit and look up sites, airfare, and hotels together. Again, hard to do this now that she had to go off and get a real job ............... I may survive. We'll see.

We made some plans..........nothing written in stone yet...............and then we drove over to the Franklin Square Theater for a free showing of "21". Free because she has that cable pass and gets two tickets on Tuesdays. I loved this. Money is tight and free is good.

I loved the movie. I am not going to break down the details of the film but would love to go to Vegas. And I'd love to learn how to count cards. They had such a cool system going.....with their "sweet", "paycheck", "paper" and other code words to tell how high the deck count was when the ringer came in to gamble.

The main character, Ben (played by Jim Sturgess), was not only sweet and likeable, but very goodlooking to watch on screen. I didn't get how the girl he had a crush on, Jill (Kate Bosworth) could tell him she wasn't interested, then all-of-a-sudden like him enough to seduce him and invite him to her comped suite, and then when things get rough, disappear and hold it against him for not contacting her sooner. It lost me there. But the movie was GREAT!

The theater, however, was not. It was hot. I don't mean warm and a bit uncomfortable. I mean "Welcome to the Equator in June" hot. I thought I'd pass out and told Crak that if I happened to fall out of my seat, it wasn't because I was sleeping. It'd be heat stroke.

Top the heat off with the senior group that invaded the theater. They can't see, can't hear, and bring their own snacks in a ginormous bag. In our aisle, a husband had to tell his wife what was happening in the film. It was cute. It was comical. And it was predictable to the point that, at the end, I said practically the same thing to Crak. We laughed.

As we left the theater, we talked about counting cards & how we may not be able to work out such a system and revisited the discussion about blowing on people's dice. We'll have to try and put that plan into action this summer.