Monday, August 06, 2007

Hamptons Weekends Are So In

Sheckys had their Girls' Day Out in Southampton on Saturday. I found myself out there with KDP, Crak, Fred, & Pretty Bird. It was a gorgeous day in an infamous setting, with pretty things to look at, free alcohol, and more goody bags. Are you seeing a pattern here?

"How I Spent My Summer"
I attended anything that was hard to score tickets for that included free, unlimited alcohol & bags of fun stuff I'd never buy on my own.

That is the Summer of '07 for me.

We entered the grounds, got our event bracelets and a bottle of water to start. Then we grabbed our tickets and headed over to get our 'goody bags', which are the highlight of the event for me. I love to see what's in there that I'd never buy but am happy to have. Example? A fancy wooden hanger that would cost $3.50 if I bought one. Who pays $3.50 for a hanger? Apparently the Hamptons people. There was a contest where the prize was a flat iron for straightening your hair. I was propbably one of very few women there with naturally pin striaght hair & guess who won? Yup. Me. So. weird. But the thinkg costs $135 bucks so I plan on selling it on Craigs List or something.

We drank. A lot. Well, Crak & I did. Ironically we were the drivers for the day. I had a few Midori mixes (about 5), a bottle of the new Bacardi Razz, and two individual bottles of Korbel. Fred wanted to take 'paparazzi/red carpet' pictures in front of the Korbel sign, so Crak, Fred & I headed over to do just that. They came out great!

We stayed until 5 at the event & then headed over to have some dinner. We ate al fresco at a cute little place that has something for everyone. This was a good time for two of us to seriously sober up.

All in all, partying in the Hamptons on a random Saturday afternoon in the summer is so the lifestyle for me.