Monday, August 06, 2007

An Evening In Westchester

KDP is doing a whirlwind schedule where she is residing in Westchester for the next two weeks & is then off to Ft. Lauderdale for a week of r&r. She signed on, as she does every year, to work at a sleep away camp. That means she is on call 24 hours day. After a week of little communication, she called & said "Wanna meet at Palisades to get dinner?" Hmmmm.......a fun mall, crazy stories from KDP, and dinner. I'm there.

So I hauled it up to Palisades Saturday night & shopped while I waited for her to arrive. SHe got there & we ran to Chilis before either of us dropped from starvation. It was already 8pm at this point and I hadn't eatern in eight hours!

We just happened in on the night that the Miller Chill Girls were out in force at the restaurant. Not only did we have dinner, but we got tshirts, drink holders, and a free bottle of the new Miller Chill to try. I liked it......a Corona with no after-taste.

We wandered into the B&N up there until about 11pm and then I had the hour ride home. I left exhausted but laughing at all of the nonsense she had told me had gone on in just a few days at camp. Oh I'll miss her the next week & a half!