Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe that it's been awhile since I last posted. Let's see, where did I leave off? Friday was a trip to RVC to hear Peof Crau read. It took me an hour & 10 minutes to travel what should have been 25 minutes. Darn that Southern State! It gets me every time I drive west! I got there while she was reading & thought I had missed the Poetic Goddess. However, she has come down with a case of strep, so this was a feature presentation of Crau's work. Peof's parents were there....too cute....and a few familiar faces. Heeheehee....and JG who has, what Scojen & I believe to be, a BIG crush on Crau. He even brought her pink tulips. So pretty!

The reading took a turn for the worse when the Open Read began. EVERYONE who was not affiliated with us got up to read. And they were not very good. Don't get me wrong, some were interesting & I especially liked the woman who read her "flower garden" series. She reminded me a lot of myself. She prefaced her read with an anecdote of how she had taken a writing course & they were instructed to write an erotic poem. She said that she had blushed and that her idea of erotica was the "thought of things to happen", not them actually happening. The idea that anything less than a turtleneck sweater was "too revealing". That's me if I ever heard it.

We were then off to Croaxley's Arms....some little bar in the area. It was still early so it was pretty quiet. We had a drink & sad to say....we are too old! We left there around 10:30....maybe closer to 11 pm and I was home & in bed by 11:30. Granted, it had been a long day, but this is ridiculous.

The weekend was good. It was Mom's birthday & we ate VERY well. Knowing my family, did you expect anything less? We had brunch at the Cheesecake Factory. SO GOOD! After we finished, we saw Mr. Cheesecake himself setting up in the lower level. He is still refusing me a lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. He has done so much for my family & all I want to do is take him out as a thank you. He won't go. I even told him my brother (they are good friends for like 10 years now) could come. He still says no. Very insulting. I mean--he is definite marriage material for the sole fact that he comes with cheesecake. But, he has been with the family too long for that & he is little brother's friend.....and well....he's just Mr. Cheesecake. But he is ticking me off how he can do nice things for others but refuses to allow anyone else to do them. I want to clarify that I am not intersted in him, but any man who has unlimited pastries is right up my alley.

My mom & I ran up to Roosevelt Field to do a bit of shopping because I need a pair of jeans for my upcoming trip. I hate shopping for jeans. I did find a pair, but I am not thrilled with them. I had to get makeup from Estee as well. All I did was ask for a shade & the woman told me that is not the shade for me. I've been using it for eight years & now it's not the right shade? Are you kidding? She immedialtey takes off my foundation--right there in the middle of Macy's where guaranteed some of my students are walking by & I will have to hear it later on. UGH~~~DON'T TOUCH ME! I can't stand it when people I do not know touch me. I especially begin to freak out when they touch my face! I looked like a trapped animal....I know I did. FIne. She did what she needed to do & now I am using some new stuff. Whatver. I would just like to forget the whole experience.

And, now? I am trying to do too many things all at once. I have two business ventures in the works & a book Crau & I are trying to get published. I am also working on LOTS of grades so that I can wrap up the spring semester on time this year. It ends May 5th for one school & May 12 for the other two. There are too many essays & projects to begin counting & meetings galore. I mean I have three this week but can't get to two of them because two overlap & one is when I am away.

Oh, did I mention Crau & I are leaving for Munich on Thursday and I have yet to pack? All I have is my passport. That's it. And a new pair of jeans that I am not satisfied with. And it's 45 degrees & raining there. Fabulous.

Want to know what happened to Mr. NYU? Oh yeah, he emailed me yesterday. For a man who has 30 credits of his English PhD & works for NYU, he is socially inept. I have not heard from him ina week and a half. What does the email say? There's no greeting....my name is not in there..........it just says "How's it going?" NYU.

That's all. Oh no. I am not even going to respond. Why? He is 35 & supposedly smart & well travelled & all that and can't figure out how to write an email? Get out of here. I can't waste my time. Besides, not to sound shallow, I go for better-looking guys. And I shouldn't say I "go" for them. They go for me.....and practicaly have to hit me over the head for me to know that they are interested. Weird, I know. But so true. Just ask them. Men. They disappoint me. My standards may be a bit high, but at least I have them!