Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Martini Lunches

Oh I am one step closer to becoming my character-fusion dream. I have been saying forever (to myself but now out loud) that I am tired of my way of living life & I want to spice it up a bit. My dream character combo that I aspire to be is Nina Van Horn from "Just Shoot Me" and Suzanne Sugarbaker from "Designing Women". Gorgeous, arrogant, self-centered & absorbed, and buzzed. This would be great. I know I wouldn't last a week like this, but I think it would be fun.

The Cheesecake Man gave my family a coupon for 50% off the entire bill(including alcohol) at the establishment and it was only good until Tuesday. My mom & I decided to go there for lunch & indulged in a couple of appetizers & martinis. I had a Tropical Martini & it was fabulous as always. However, we are not very strong drinkers & were both beyond exhausted when lunch was over. We headed home, after walking around The Source a bit, and proceeded to each land on a couch & fall asleep. I did wake up just in time to RUN out the door & make it to class on time. So lucky.

Then, I get a call from little brother because he got a call from Mr. Cheesecake who had an extra coupon & wanted us to use it. So, back to the Factory I went at 9:30 last night. We had to wait for 45 minutes to get a table (on a Tuesday night???) and were going to order just dessert. Uh huh. Until we saw the food going by. While we were sitting on a bench waiting, a woman knelt down next to me and, ever so softly, asked "Excuse me. I have this extra coupon for a discount. You two seem like such a nice couple. You are a couple, aren't you?" I smiled & told her "No, we're siblings. And we too have a coupon. But thank you so much for your generous offer." She giggled "Oh my! Now that I am looking into your eyes, I see they are the same. How nice! You just looked like such nice people. I'd be too nervous to offer this to anyone else. They don't look nice or approachable." We thanked her & giggled and then watched her go back to her table & tell her family how the conversation went & they all giggled that we aren't a couple & that we are siblings. I leaned over to her table and said "Our mom would be so proud to know that we look like we are nice." They all laughed & then they had to order their meals. And our pager finally went off! Okay, okay, we were good. We split an order of yummy nachos & each got iced teas. However, it took SO LONG for our waiter to do his job & we didn't get to eat dessert there. We ended up having to take it home because this waiter only finished up with us at 11:10 pm. I got home at 11:30 &, once again, fell into bed.

Life is so good right now. Two visits to the Cheesecake Factory in one day? Who does that? Oops! I do.