Thursday, April 20, 2006

Like A Bad Penny

NYU is back. I have not heard from him in awhile. I had received that email that said "How's it going?" a couple of weeks ago. I never responded to it because I am not used to such lack of interest/treatment from a guy. I figured that was the end of him. Nope. I got an email yesterday that said "Hi. How's it going? I wanted to know if you'd like to get together some time." So I wrote back a simple thank you but no email. I get a lengthier one asking why & if it has anything to do with him not corresponding sooner. I wanted to tell him that it was because I did not find him attractive & I was turned off when he ate 1/3 of the nachos & ALL of the sour cream. But I didn't. I did write that I expect more immediate action than waiting over a month for some kind of invitation. I then get the whole "I was busy & thought you were too" email. So I sent it back that even when one is busy, if they are truly intersted they find 5 minutes for a phone call. And, please, he works in the IT sector for Education. He has access to a comp. all day. You don't have a 10 minute break to email me? Not once in a month? In five weeks I received three emails. Each one was one line in length. None had my name at the top or in them anywhere. And only the most recent one asked if I'd like to get together. We met way back in early March. He's got nothing.

Mr. NYU's luck has run out. I feel bad but at 35 one should know how to let a woman know that he is intersted. I am not into playing games & that is why I did respond in such a manner.