Sunday, December 09, 2007

"Haul Out the Holly.....Put Up the Tree Before My Spirit Falls Again..."

I spent last weekend in the Sunshine State. Beautiful. Fun. Warm. I mean a 30degree difference warm. My family went down for our annual holiday kick-off.

We went to the Magic Kingdon for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. There we had amazing hot chocolate and decorated sugar cookies provided by jolly cast members. We saw it snow on Main Street. The castle is covered in white lights so that it looks sugar-coated. Fantasy brought to reality.

Epoct Center brought the Candlelight Processional. Two hundred voices singing traditional songs while a guest speaker, this year it was Monique Coleman, read the scriptures. It's always an uplifting experience and puts one in the "Christmas Spirit".

We had a scrumptious tea at the Garden View Tea Room where I had a pear and gorgonzola sandwich that is still making me sigh longingly.

We then went to this exhibit that we heard about called ICE! It's hundreds of thousands of pounds of ice sculpted into various forms. They had the entire Nativity (full-size), a candy land--with a cupcake bigger than me(!), a train, and a winter wonderland. At the end of the 9-degree exhibit, they had three ice slides......think luge without the sled. It was AMAZING! I walked to the top of a 16-ft staircase, sat down at the top with my knees bent and feet flat, and the worker at the top gave me a push. Whoosh! It was all over before I knew it but so much fun.

I've been singing carols ever since.