Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Smouldering Embers

The Greek---who will be called Gameboy from now on--texted me the other night. It started out with the usual "heys" and "whatcha doin's?" and I got tired of it & called him since we were chatting anyway.

I immediately confronted him with the "you said something the last time I saw you.....(the whole song with meaningful lyrics thing)......and told me to call & we'd talk about it & then you did the usual thing of freak & hide." I got exactly what I expected from him---the "work" excuse. It's an excuse & it's not. Youhave to know what he does & how much he works to know it isn't an excuse but can be a great way for him to hide from things, too.

So he stated that he said what he did for a few reasons. The first is that it felt good to be together & flirty. The next was that we are both lonely & this is comfortable. The third is that he wants to be with someone who is "worth a damn and a good person and caring and with him for him". And that person is me......in his eyes. And I told him that this is all great & sweet but that he had said twice to me in the last two months taht if anything happens between us it won't change our relationship (nearly nonexistent) and I said "great". And here he goes putting everything in that he said I shoudln't. Hmmmmmmmmm.

I still want to hang out with him. I still want to kiss him. I still want to enjoy Raspberry BAcardis & Sprite while flirting. But that's all I want. I hope we can work this out so that we are both happy.