Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Male Species is an Odd One

So--called the Greek last Monday to talk about that whole "listen to the song" thing & try to talk this out. We chatted briefly but he said he'd rather talk about it all in person. So I said fine. He could call me to set something up to do so, but I was done calling him to talk about this.

He didn't call.

Big shock. I knew it was partially because he likes to be in control & we'll talk when he's ready to talk. The other factor was his job. He's running the whole show these past two weeks & doesn't have time normally to talk so why would he when it's all on his shoulders?

I texted him last Saturday to come out with Crak & me to Sushi Samba.....but he never replied. So I had called and left a message that we can hang out & ignore all of that sappy stuff he said. Just do the "friend thing". Still no response.

I stopped trying to communicate. I got a text Thursday night (almost two weeks after the whole song thing): "You still up?" I sent back "Yes". He asked me what I was doing & I said "Gameboy--I am relaxing" He said he wasn't trying to play games & that it was work & all & he wants to talk soon. I said uh-huh sure. He said he does. I said "Well...I have to get going...goodnight" And he sends it back "Sweet Dreams".

That was Thursday night. Again....almost two weeks after the evening out. Let's see how long it takes for the next series of texts to begin.

Again---I am not looking for anything other than evenings out & good times. This will never work as a relationship & I don't want it to. It's a good "filler" for now.