Saturday, October 14, 2006

Doin' It California Style

KDP & I went to California Pizza last Friday. I got "the call" at 4:30 asking if I was busy. Nope. So she suggested Cali. Pizza because she had a gift card there (fromme....lol) and had a craving.

We met up around 6:30 and got a table very quickly. I was shocked because anything in the Westbury area anytime after 5 pm is nuts & has a wait.

We had so much to catch up on, even though I had seen her the week before. We decided to split an appetizer of flautas & a santa fe pizza. We were so busy talking & about 25 minutes later, the pizza arrives. We looked at eachother & the woman dropping off the meal & said "Umm....we ordered appetizers too". She said "Oh, okay". With that, a manager came over and said "Oh! You ordered an appetizer and your pizza came out first? Sometimes that happens in the kitchen. Some things cook faster than others." Yeah. Right. The main course always arrives before the appetizer.

Our waiter showed up five minutes later with the flautas and said "So sorry. They're on the house." Mmmmmmmmm................they were so good & tasted even better because now we didn't have to pay for them! Yippee!

We left there close to 8 and headed to the Source to check out the sales, buy a cd or two, and see the almost complete Christmas display at Fortunoff. I LOVE their decorations each year & enjoy just strolling through the trees, ornaments, and lawn decor. It's so peaceful & gets me ready for the madness that is soon to ensue.

We finished up our evening with Starbucks and talked more. My jaw was so tired when I finally drove home. And, as always, got to enjoy good fodd & good company.