Wednesday, November 14, 2007

CodeGirl's Pricy Party

Codegirl, who will now be known as "Looie's Mom", since she is head-over-heels for her bulldog (referring to him as her son and 'the boy'), decided to host a Spa Party the other night. She invited twelve women to a Friday evening filled with yummy food and spa products being demo'd by a "friend of a friend".

The products, while pretty, enticing, and indulgent, were so---wait make that SO--- expensive, that we didn't know what to do. She can afford these things, but many of us think that $30 for a shower gel is a bit much. But, how often will one attend such a party? Probably only once (if she is smart). So, what did we do? We bought the $30 gel. Almond scented. Mmmmmmmm. Hard to get out of the shower and function after using it since it smells so good and relaxes you so putting on pajamas and lounging seems like the more logical choice.

The plus-side of the party was that I got to hang out with Looie's Mom outside of work AND I got to meet her sister. With whom I have a history from last year. She wanted to set her boss up with someone. LM said she thought I'd be a good match. They talked about us....so her sister knows way more about me than I of her, and they gave him my screen name. He and I had chatted a bit. Which is when I found out he works & lives in Jersey. ??????? Anyway, I had sent him my number, which he never used. Then I found out that he was being fired because he technically stole a car from his job. Don't ask.

Her sister is so nice & funny & everything LM is so being with the two of them was great. We laughed at this poor guy's expense, sipped wine, bought bath products, and pettted Looie. Love LM's parties!